Monday, June 8, 2015

Secret Worlds Author Spotlight: Katie Salidas


SECRET WORLDS available for only 99 for a limited time! Get your copy now!

KINDLE | NOOK | KOBO | iBOOKS


Today, I'd like to welcome Katie Salidas to my blog.  

Katie Salidas, author of the Immortalis series (Urban Fantasy), Consummate Therapy series (Erotica), and the recently released Chronicles of the Uprising (Dystopian) is a Jill of all Trades. She’s a Super Woman endowed with special powers and abilities, beyond those of other mortals. Katie can get the munchkins off to gymnastics, cheerleading, Girl Scouts, and swim lessons; put hot food on the table, assist with homework, baths, and bedtime… And, she still finds the time to keep the hubby happy (nudge nudge wink wink). She can do all of this and still have time to write.

And if you can believe all of those lies, there is some beautiful swamp land in Florida for sale…

Katie Salidas resides in Las Vegas, Nevada. Mother to three, Wife to one, and slave to the craft of writing, she does try to do it all, often causing sleep deprivation and many nights passed out at the computer. Writing is her passion, and she hopes that her passion will bring you hours of entertainment.

JET: Can you tell us about your most recent book?

Moonlight is one of those fun little novellas that lets you explore the change from a not so sudden viewpoint. Fallon has to consciously make the decision to go wolf for her man and the pack he is set to lead, or leave him alone forever. The stakes get higher when there are others vying for the spot as Alpha’s mate. It’s full of energy, twists, and lots of hot sex with a werewolf!!

JET: What drew you to (genre)?
I’ve always loved anything paranormal. I think it’s the addition of creatures that are not human that do it for me. I can truly escape normal life when I am reading or writing about creatures that are not supposed to exist.

JET: What’s been your most challenging hurdle on the road to publication?
Myself. I am constantly having to learn to step out of my comfort zone and “just do it” as the saying goes. It takes a lot to put yourself via your work out there for people to read and hopefully enjoy. I’ve done it many many times but the anxiety never lessens. Then when you add signings, readings, and any other form of public relations to it and I am ready to run screaming for the hills. Seriously, introvert is my middle name.

JET: What was your favorite moment in the journey?
That moment, after publishing, when you see that first positive review. That’s when you know you’ve done your job well and everything is okay. LoL!

JET: Which authors had the most influence over you growing up?
I have always been a fan of paranormal, vampires and werewolves in particular. Anne Rice, Christine Feehan, Patricia Briggs, LJ Smith, I could run this list for a while, so I’ll stop there.

JET: When did you know you wanted to take the plunge into the writing world?
I’ve always written stories. But, it wasn’t until I was laid off in 2009 than I decided to finally hit publish on the book I’d spent the five years before that writing. Since then I have been at it non-stop!

JET: What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of book research? Most interesting fact you uncovered?
Researching the decay rates of the human body was probably the grossest thing I have ever researched, but it was interesting. The things you have to know when a rogue vampire starts leaving their dinner behind…

JET: Of all the novels and stories you’ve written - which one is your favorite? Why?
The Chronicles of the Uprising, first book, Dissension is my new favorite! I am truly in love with Mira. She’s such a spunky character. This series takes everything you have ever known about vampires and society and throws it all away. A true departure from standard Paranormal or Post-Apocalyptic. And writing all the books in this series has been so much fun.

JET: Any advice (from a writer’s standpoint) for the novices out there?
Just keep Writing. Practice makes perfect, so keep it up. Don’t talk about it, do it!

JET: All right - now that I’ve hammered you with the big questions, let’s tackle my favorite (and geeky) quick ten...starting with Paper or Plastic?
Plastic. I know, so not eco-friendly, but I use the heck out of plastic bags.

JET: Steak or Tofu?
Steak!

JET: Beach or Mountains?
Beach!

JET: Country or Rock-n-Roll?
Rock-n-Roll

JET: Leather or Lace?
Leather

JET: Angels or Demons?
Demons

JET: Paper or Digital?
Digital

JET: Silent Film Classics or Cheesy B Rated Horror?
Cheesy Horror

JET: Twilight or True Blood?
True Blood

JET: Coffee or Tea?
Tea

JET: Thank you for indulging me. Before we wrap this up, can you tell us what you're working on now? What's next?
I’ve been on a werewolf kick lately, so I’m letting myself explore the creature with a bit of a YA flair. The next book I have due to release is called Pretty Little Werewolf and shows us the cunning ingenuity of a lone wolf in a pack world.


Thank you so much for taking the time to chat on my blog. Folks, you can find out more about Katie Salidas and her work at the following places:


Until next time,
Ciao.
JET

No comments: