Friday, July 16, 2010

Vacation blues

It's a good thing Survival Games is coming out this weekend - just in time for the end of my vacation - it will distract me from what I call the vacation blues. 

Anyone else out there get bummed out after vacation when you have to return to the "real world"? 

I normally don't - not as much as my other half.  He gets really down, but I have a feeling after this phenomenal week, I'm going to be in that weird space.  Especially Monday when I have to crawl out of bed at 5am to go to the office.  

The last two weeks have been ideal - first in Maine and now New Hampshire - we couldn't have asked for better weather, and relaxation wise it has been stellar - even with my debut release as well as my birthday tucked in there.

We have one more day in this glorious place and I'm wishing we could stay another week - and another, and another.  You get the drift.  I'm enjoying this way too much.  :-)


It makes me wonder why I work so hard in the first place.  But then again, if I didn't, I wouldn't be able to appreciate this as much as I do.  A week on the lake with family wouldn't be as precious if I didn't have to work hard for it.

I guess the same mindset goes along with everything worthwhile in life.  Including publication. 

And with that - it's time for some shut eye - so I can enjoy the last day on the lake. 

Catch you folks next week when I have Author and Editor Ty Drago here on my blog. 

Ciao!
JET     

No comments: