Friday, August 6, 2010

Blink and it's gone . . .

Can you believe it’s already August? Where’d the summer go? Before you know it we’ll be getting the kids ready for school and scrambling to PTA meetings and planning Halloween parties and preparing for Christmas.


Before I get to deep in my little summer rave, I’d like to give a shout out to Kristina Riggle - one of my Backspace brethren who has a release this month - THE LIFE YOU'VE IMAGINED - pick it up at a store near you! Other than that, it looks like August is a quiet month, either that or my Backspace crew is slipping on their notifications - you never know. It’s summer after all.

Well, my debut and second novel rollouts in July came and went. I blogged like a mad woman and it seems to have drummed up interest - not New York Times interest, but enough to know it wasn’t just family and friends that bought it. So all I can hope for is that word gets out. . . and maybe that Oprah picks one of them up. ;)

In the meantime, I’ve decided to publish my short stories out on Smashwords for a whopping $0.99. They’ll be available through a variety of venues and formats in a couple weeks. I’m plugging through those stories that just sat on my laptop while I polished my novels.

Creating the cover art is a fun side job as well. I’ve been picture mining over at 123RF and found some stellar covers to use that really capture the essence of my stories. It takes a while - but who doesn’t like to look at great photography and art.

Here are the covers I’ve put together for the short stories. I’m just learning how to enhance fonts and such - so they aren’t what I’d call fancy. Which one do YOU like best?




Now, this month I have a couple groovy guests. Next week I have the wonderful John Everson dishing about his novels Siren that came out in July and his book The 13th that came out earlier in the year. I thought it would be fun to have John on Friday the 13th - stop in and give him a warm welcome!

On the 20th, I have erotic romance writer Mia Natasha dishing about her new release Cinderella Club.

And on that note, I’m going to bid you all a great weekend and get back to polishing my craft.

Ciao!

JET

No comments: