Saturday, December 22, 2012

Holiday Wishes

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!


My heart still aches for those in Newtown, and for the past week, I’ve been wondering if I would feel anything akin to the excitement I’ve felt in the past at this time of year. However, as the numbness relents, I can feel the joy of the season seeping in. The celebration of my son’s thirteenth birthday helped immensely, especially with having two young ones in the house for the night.

Now, looking at the tree in our living room doesn’t leave me as sad as I have been since the 14th. Instead, I’m starting to get that childish excitement again and instead of focusing on those that are left with empty hearts, I’m thinking of how excited my niece and nephew are for Christmas.

My husband, the sweet man that he is, has had the urge to hug every child he has come across and yesterday, he had the chance to act on that urge with our niece and nephew. A little healing came into our home and I wish the families a piece of that healing spirit, although I know for them, it will be years before the sadness doesn’t overwhelm them.

The outpouring of love across the nation is inspiring. Although it is sad that a national tragedy has to happen to bring us together as one. I’d love to see that spirit personified in everyday life. The 26 acts of kindness that is going around in memory of those lost in Newtown reminds me of Pay it Forward.

It’s a fantastic concept and one we should follow always in everything we do. Maybe it’s not the end of the world that the Mayan’s forecasted, but the end of an era.

Perhaps it’s time we all put aside the building animosities and embrace kindness and love and respect as a way of life.

Perhaps then, we will all find peace.

I wish you all a happy and healthy 2013!

Until next time,

Ciao

JET

Coming in 2013:
                        

No comments: