Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday the 13th and hot flashes



Hi all!

Happy Friday the 13th!

Weird happenings of late, mainly in the way of hot flashes.  I wish I could say it was because I was writing some particularly steamy fiction, or reading some for that matter, but no, this is a hormones gone wild kind of thing and when it's occurring, I swear I'm going to spontaneously combust.

I got to thinking, this kind of crazy heat exchange in the body must burn calories.  I would think women going through menopause would all be skinny bitches (no pun intended), but alas, it only burns like fifty calories.

Really, only fifty calories?  What a rip off.

All this heat and very little to show for it beyond sweat stains and flushed skin and a husband who is shivering under mega-blankets while I'm practically naked and still can't seem to cool down.

I can tell this ride is going to be long and grueling...if only it meant something glorious on the other side.

I think God should have given us something golden on the other side of menopause, like a perfect hourglass figure and stamina that would shame an Olympic athlete.  Especially after something like 40 - 50 years of cramps and PMS.

But no, we get osteoporosis, sagging everything and the ability to now grow a mustache.

Does anyone else seem to think there is a cosmic joke behind all this?

Welcome to my little corner of the world.
Until next time.
Ciao.
JET





1 comment:

Cat Connor said...

Right there with you - minus the hot flashes ... :)