Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentine's Day...

I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day.

There. I said it.

In the middle ages, the holiday morphed into the holiday of love and early on, that meant flowers, candy and hand written notes to express one's love.

Now-a-days, this has become such a commercialized holiday that I pretty much ignore it. I love getting flowers and chocolate, but really, it doesn't need to be on Valentine's Day when florists jack up the prices of bouquets just because they can.

A handpicked daisy from a field would be more romantic. Especially, since I live in the northeast, where finding a daisy at this time of year is impossible.

A hand written note would mean more than a card bought in the story.

Chocolate - well, there's never anything wrong with chocolate, dark chocolate specifically. :)

So what are you're thoughts on St. Valentine's Day?  Fan or not-so-much?

Thanks for swinging in.
I do hope you have a happy Valentine's Day, whether you buy into the holiday or not!
Until next time,
Ciao.
JET

No comments: