Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm Jazzed!

Ok, so it isn't a contract in hand. But an oral option to purchase my book when I've made the requested edits is nothing to brush off.

How did this come about? I saw a publisher reply to some comments in one of the on line forums I am in and took a shot in the dark. I asked her what type of books she represents, and by reaching out, I struck gold.

You know that feeling - the zing that happens when you really connect with another person. You talk and it feels like you've known each other for years, but it's only been an hour . . . you are on the same exact page with your views and goals . . .

Well, that's what happened and even though I'm well aware (painfully so) of the risks involved with small vs big publishers, I can't help but fall back to that connection. Without it, any sort of relationship, whether it is personal or professional, falls flat.

So I embark on a new uncertain journey of revising the manuscript in hopes that by this time next year, I will have contract in hand and a concrete release date for my first book!

Can you believe it?

No comments: