Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stuck in the Mud

Ok, since the beginning of October, I've been in re-write mode. I've done a fair amount on the second half of the book, but the first half is still for the most part, unwritten. Oh, I've got eleven chapters done, but now I have to get from here to a critical scene in the middle of the book and it is coming S-L-O-W.

I need action and tension peppered with mystery sub story line.

It's not as fun as when the words flow. :(

I'm sure I'll get where I want and once I do, the faucet will turn on again, but for now, I'm getting a wee bit frustrated. On top of that, my other half has made every excuse not to read what I've written, even when I've asked him. Talk about wanting to take a hold of an iron pan and swing away.

Thanks for listening to me whine. It is much appreciated along with any advice on how you jump start the story when you're moving slowly.

1 comment:

JETaylor said...

I need to ammend this post. My husband finally read the chapters that I have diligently been working on and he liked them. Found a few typos that word didn't pick up but best of all, he said it held his interest - which is hard to do, believe me!

I'm back to being Jazzed!