Monday, March 4, 2013

Keeper of the Black Stones review by William F. Houle

Hello,

I'm pirating my mother's blog so I can tell you about a book I read recently.  One that my mom recommended because she knows I like history and time travel and adventure.  Of course, I was a little skeptical and thought she was just trying to get me away from the video games.

My first thought when she mentioned time travel was the predictable machines you find in every time travel novel these days. However, when I started reading and found out that the stones were the things that allowed time travel, I was impressed. The author created a new and really different take that sucked me in.

P.T. McHugh did a great job pulling me in and the pages flew by. I got lost in the story and opted to read instead of playing my Playstation 3 - which if you know any other thirteen-year-old, you know it takes a lot to pull us out of our gaming world.

The ending was so mind blowing that I'm already looking forward to the next in the series.

As a writer myself, I have a great respect for Mr. McHugh's talent and as I said, I'll be one of the first in line when book two comes out.

Peace Out...
Billy Houle (a.k.a. William F. Houle)



No comments: