Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Fever!

A’ight, it’s March 19th and this week the weather has been fantastic. Enough so that I’m getting antsy to get out in the sunshine and tan up. I hate being winter pale, don’t you?

This kind of weather makes it so hard not to break down and play hooky from daily responsibilities. I remember being in college and the first spring heat wave (or near spring) always brought on a beach run. Of course seventy degrees doesn’t necessarily constitute a heat wave – but after so many thirty-two degrees and below days, seventy seems balmy and the beach was always crowded with those of us who ditched school. If I wasn’t so damned responsible, I would have coerced some folks into a beach run today.
Ugh, being a grown up sucks.

But there is hope on the horizon . . . I have six weeks, count them, s-i-x weeks left before my husband takes his normal weekend trek with my father and brother-in-law to open up our campsite in Maine - which means, seven weeks before I can have weekends jogging on the beach again - and frankly, I need the exercise. Winter has not been kind to my ever expanding ass.

This kind of weather also degrades my concentration level to the point of less than a gnat because, frankly, I’d rather be at the beach.  Specifically, I’d rather be writing on the beach.

Spring cleaning is on the horizon too, and anyone who knows me knows how much I hate any domestic tasks. Cleaning, cooking, yard work. If I could get a maid, a cook and a landscaper, I’d be the ultimate happy camper. The old adage – Girls Just Want To Have Fun – well folks, that’s me. And the first hint of spring weather gets that mindset itching to be released from the bonds of responsibility.

Anyway – that’s my blog for this Friday – and this weekend, I’m planning on getting outside and enjoying the wonderful weather instead of staring longingly from an office cubicle!

No comments: