Friday, March 5, 2010

Life without my computer. . .

Before I get into my normal rambling, I’d like to give a shout out for my Backspace friends and their March releases and March is a busy month.

March 1 had three releases, Claudia Gray’s HOURGLASS, Clea Simon’s GREY MATTERS and J. T. Ellison – THE COLD ROOM. March 2nd releases include Suzanne Dunlap’s ANASTASIA’S SECRET and Jonathan Mayberry’s THE DRAGON FACTORY. We’ve also got Carrie Ryan’s THE DEAD-TOSSED SEA on March 9th and last but not least – on March 16th, Jenny Gardiner’s WINGING IT: A Memoir of Caring for a Vengeful Parrot Who’s Determined to Kill Me.

Now, onto the subject of my technology withdrawals. I did not realize how completely dependent I've become on my little netbook. It's been in the shop for a week now and I feel so lost without that mechanical extension. I floundered, confiscating my son’s little Dell for my vicarious use, surfing the net, researching Europe in the 1200’s and getting some of my muse on paper. But even so, his computer isn’t mine; it doesn’t have the same speed or operating system for that matter.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, my computer’s due back on Monday and I can't wait.

Anyhow, I've got a lot of catching up to do over the weekend both on the day job front as well as the writing front. You see, this weekend we have a major installation going in so my time is split between the writing and making sure things go smoothly at work.

In the meantime, I'm counting down the hours . . .

No comments: