Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Jenny Craig - Week 6

Another half pound and half an inch on my waist and hips this week. 

I wanted to see more, but considering we are talking the actual loss of fat - and not water weight - I'm happy with it. 

It's funny because I got a half pound of cheese at the deli and stared at the package.  Now fat isn't necessarily the consistency of cheese - but it certainly is a visual motivation.

I'd still like to see 1 - 2 pounds a week - but that has been a little difficult to achieve with only 45 minutes of exercise.  So this coming week - I want to up the exercise to an hour a day and see if that results in hitting my weekly goal. 

My calorie intake is still 1200 a day - so with the increase in activity - my target is a total loss of 10 pounds by the end of October.  I'd like it to be more since I'm only three pounds away from that goal - but considering we are talking two weeks - I think that's managable and attainable. 

If I continue at the rate of 5 lbs a month - I should hit my goal by the end of January.  Ideally - I'd like to hit that goal by Christmas - but based on the past month and a half - I'm not sure if that's realistic - even with the increase in activity.

In other words, the battle is going well and my husband is really noticing the difference which helps with the motivation factor.  That sparkle in his eyes when I catch him checking me out is so worth the effort!

Until next week
Ciao
JET

No comments: