Friday, April 22, 2011

Dishing it up with Kipp Poe Speicher

Hi folks, I have Kipp Poe Speicher on my blog today. Kipp’s and an independent filmmaker and author and he always wanted to share his stories with the world. He hopes to entertain his audience and to fill their minds with visuals of the stories he weaves for them.

JET: Can you tell us about your most recent book, Die Already?

Kipp: Die Already is a story about a young man named Horace that has a gift or what he considers curse. Anything that dies in his presence never really dies. No matter how violent an accident may be they still will not die.

JET: What drew you to the horror/thriller genre?

Kipp: Maybe I’m a bit cynical? Everything I write ends up looking towards the darker side of a situation. I write about beauty and love but it never has a happy ending. It is all part of the circle.

JET: What’s been your most challenging hurdle on the road to publication?

Kipp: The fact I can’t spell worth a crap, I have to look up about every other word I type. So it is a very long process.

JET: What was your favorite moment in the journey? Putting out a piece and having other writers I look up to really enjoy what I wrote, and really get what I was going for.

JET: Which authors had the most influence over you growing up?

Kipp: Edgar Allan Poe is probably my biggest I love his poetic pace. Then Stephen King, and many episodes of The Twilight Zone.

JET: When did you know you wanted to take the plunge into the writing world?

Kipp: When I was about 5 I have always been very quiet and spent a lot of time alone writing, doing storyboards. I really don’t talk much at all, I think what I write, or what I capture with a camera is my voice.

JET: What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of book research? Most interesting fact you uncovered?

Kipp: Nothing to crazy so far, I read a lot to look into a certain subject. I also dig deep into watching films and tv shows of a certain genre. Like now I’m writing a police thriller so i’m watching a lot of Naked City an old police show from the 50’s. I am also reading the book The Day The Universe Changed by James Burke. For research for my end of the world book “Listen”

JET: Of all the novels and stories you’ve written - which one is your favorite?

Kipp: I had fun writing my new short story The Rot, something I think I could expand on. Why? It I sort of my first published piece all wrote in third person, and it has some conspiracy theory element to it. A dark reflection to the rough times we are going through these days. I wonder at times what literature will rise from out generation.

JET: Any advice (from a writer’s standpoint) for the novices out there?

Kipp: Just write take a chance with your ideas, pick up a pen, sit at your keyboard, type into your phone what ever it is write. The world used to be industry driven but times are changing. No mater what the state of your general public they will always want to be entertained and it all starts with a written idea.

JET: All right - now that I’ve hammered you with the big questions, let’s tackle my favorite (and geeky) quick ten. . . starting with: Paper or Plastic?

Kipp: Plastic it makes blood clean up so much easier

JET: Steak or Tofu?

Kipp: Tofu I guess I have not eaten steak in over 30 years how about a peanut butter sandwich instead.

JET: Beach or Mountains?

Kipp: Beach I’m a people watcher.

JET: Country or Rock-n-Roll?

Kipp: Rock-n-roll

JET: Paper or Digital?

Kipp: Digital

JET: Classics or Modern?

Kipp: Classic

JET: Zombies or Demons?

Kipp: Demons

JET: Silent Film Classics or Cheesy B Rated Horror?

Kipp: I love both but I’ll go with the silent to see where it all started

JET: 2012 Mayan Prophecy Believer or Ain’t Gonna Happen?

Kipp: I sort of think we are heading towards something. With every end there is a beginning.

JET: Sword-wielding Ninja or Gun-toting Momma?

Kipp: The Momma’s for sure.

JET: Thank you for indulging me. Before we wrap this up, can you tell us what you're working on now? What's next?

Kipp: I have three novellas I’m working on.

LISTEN: My apocalyptic story taking the end of the world in a different direction.

The New Junk: Sex, Drugs, and Bugs. Naked Lunch for the new generation

Question of Time: The Torso Killer is back terrorizing a small town in Ohio.

JET: Thank you so much for taking the time to chat on my blog. Folks, you can find out more about Kipp Poe Speicher and his work at the following places:

Kipp: I run a blog at http://kippoe.blogspot.com/ where I keep everyone updated on my writing projects and post my latest flash fiction. I also interview other authors on my blog I have over 150 interviews I’ve done and the list is growing.

My books are available on all eBook readers and right now I have a special going on at Amazon my latest book The Rot contains all three of my other short stories including Die Already, Closing My Eyes, and my new short “i” all for .99 cents

The Rot

You can also find my work on Smashwords

Kipp's Blog

Kipp's Facebook page

Kipp's Goodreads profile

Kipp's YouTube page

Kipp's Twitter page



Thank you for swinging in and listening to what Kipp had to say. Next week, I’ve got Sandy DeTarant on tap.

See you then!

Ciao,

JET

No comments: