Friday, February 1, 2013

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

I've been invited by a fellow writer to take part in a Blog Hop – it sounds exciting! All I have to do is answer some questions about my next book and then link to some other talented authors I know who will carry on the Blog.

What is the title of your next book?

Night Hawk. This is scheduled to be released in the March/April timeframe.

Where did you get the idea for the book?

I had written the untitled opening a while ago and then forgot about it until recently. I’ve done ghosts, werewolves, demons, angels, death, fate and psychics in my fiction and I thought it was time to tackle the vampire lore. It’s a very different spin and I hope my fans enjoy this romp into the night.

What genre does your book fall under?

Urban fantasy.

What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I really have no idea here, I haven’t formed more of a visual outside of the Naomi – which the cover captured to a tee.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

Something sinister steals Naomi Hawk out of the night, sacrificing her forever to the shadows and now Naomi thirsts for justice…and revenge.

Is your book self-published or represented by an agency?

Self-published through my own publishing label – Novel Concept Publishing, LLC.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?

As of this moment, it isn’t done yet. It usually takes me close to two months to write a novel and then another month of edits before it’s ready to go to my editor for a thorough copy edit.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

I found the first two sentences tucked away in my work in progress folder and BAM the entire story line formed in an instant. It took all my focus away from the three other books I have in process. When a story grabs you like that, you have to follow it.

What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?

It’s a very different take on the vampire lore and my main vamp character goes back to ancient times. There’s also a very special bloodline, a building romance, angels, demons and of course Lucifer to round out the fun.

Now please follow these links to some other very gifted writers I know:

Poppet http://authorpoppet.wordpress.com/2013/01/25/the-next-big-thing-blog-hop/

Ellis Hoff: www.ellishoff.com

Dominic King: http://www.dominichking.com/blog.php

Cat Connor: http://catconnor.blogspot.com/


No comments: