Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Secret Worlds Author Spotlight: Rachel McClellan

SECRET WORLDS available for only 99 for a limited time! Get your copy now!

I’d like to welcome Rachel McClellan to my blog today. Rachel was born and raised in Idaho, a place secretly known for its supernatural creatures. When she's not in her writing lair, she's partying with her husband and four children. Her love for storytelling began as a child when the moon first possessed the night. For when the lights went out, her imagination painted a whole new world. And what a scary world it was…

JET: Can you tell us about your most recent book?
Sure! It's THE DEVIL'S FOOL, the first in a trilogy. It's about a young witch who gets sucked into a vampire's world of greed and seduction, but it turns out the vampire has other motives for her. It takes almost losing her life, before she finally has the strength to turn away from the destructive lifestyle. But sometimes the past doesn't stay in the past.

JET: What drew you to the paranormal genre?
I've always loved things of a darker nature with supernatural elements. I guess you could say I'm addicted to the spine tingles.

JET: What’s been your most challenging hurdle on the road to publication?
My own lack of knowledge when it comes to marketing. Writing is one thing, but marketing yourself, whether indie or traditional published, takes a lot of work and research.

JET: What was your favorite moment in the journey?
To hear from fans. Nothing beats that!

JET: Which authors had the most influence over you growing up?
L.J Smith, Dean Koontz, R.L Stine, Mary Higgins Clark. They fed my spine tingling addiction.

JET: When did you know you wanted to take the plunge into the writing world?
I've always loved to write, but didn't actually believe I could do it until 2007 when I was standing on the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland. Something about that place inspired me, and I've been unable to put the pen down ever since.

JET: Of all the novels and stories you’ve written - which one is your favorite? Why?
Tough questions. I love The Devil Series because of the romantic connection between the two main characters. It's unlike anything I've ever written. But I also love my novel UNLEASHED, a YA take on the Jekyll and Hyde storyline, because of the clear lines of good and evil.

JET: Any advice (from a writer’s standpoint) for the novices out there?
Find and appreciate good beta readers, preferably writers much better than you. They need to be brutally honest, and you need to take their advice. Also, know the ending of your story before you ever begin. This will give you an end goal to work towards.

JET: All right - now that I’ve hammered you with the big questions, let’s tackle my favorite (and geeky) quick ten...starting with Paper or Plastic?
Plastic

JET: Steak or Tofu?
Steak, rare

JET: Beach or Mountains?
Mountains

JET: Country or Rock-n-Roll?
Rock-n-Roll

JET: Leather or Lace?
Leather

JET: Angels or Demons?
Demons with the face of an Angel

JET: Paper or Digital?
Paper

JET: Silent Film Classics or Cheesy B Rated Horror?
Classics

JET: Twilight or True Blood?
True Blood

JET: Coffee or Tea?
Diet Coke

JET: Thank you for indulging me. Before we wrap this up, can you tell us what you're working on now? What's next?
The next two books in the Devil Series, The Devil's Angel and The Devil's Soldier will be released this summer.

Thank you so much for taking the time to chat on my blog. Folks, you can find out more about Rachel McClellan and her work at the following places:

Until next time,
Ciao,
JET


No comments: