Monday, June 15, 2015

Secret Worlds Author Spotlight: L.G. Castillo

SECRET WORLDS available for only 99¢ for a limited time! Get your copy now!

Today, I’d like to welcome L.G Castillo to my blog. Known for her high-intensity New Adult Romance novels, native Texan and psychologist, L.G. Castillo writes books that explore the tumultuous and psychological journey of self-discovery and falling in love. Her stories feature dramatic, life-changing events interspersed with a good dose of humor, feisty heroines, and the swoon-worthy men who love them.

When she's not writing, L.G. is binging on Netflix or adding up frequent flyer miles for her next vacation. She's been married to her own swoon-worthy hero for over two decades.

JET: Can you tell us about your most recent book?
My recent release is Secrets & Surrender 1. The story is about sexy and cocky Nic Marcelli and his love interest, the smart and sassy Mandi Ruiz. It’s a new adult romance about Nic and Mandi’s journey of discovering what it means to love and to trust and of finding one’s internal strength to face adversaries, even when they are your own family.

JET: What’s been your most challenging hurdle on the road to publication?
Visibility. Hands down. Though the production process can be tedious at times, finding readers who are interested in the genre you write has been difficult, especially if one is new and has little to no social networks to help with visibility. I’m slowing building an email list of readers who’ve enjoyed my books and want to read more of them. This helps but it’s a very slow build.

JET: What was your favorite moment in the journey?
Meeting awesome new people who’ve enjoyed reading my books. Some of them have demanded more (hence the Jeremy books) and I’m happy to oblige.

JET: Which authors had the most influence over you growing up?
Stephen King!

JET: When did you know you wanted to take the plunge into the writing world?
I started writing Twilight fan fiction after reading some awesome FF. The fandom was very supportive and decided to take the plunge and write my own FF. One story lead to another and then I was creating my own characters and it was no longer FF. With the encouragement of some awesome fandom friends, I wrote my first novel and self-published.

JET: Of all the novels and stories you’ve written - which one is your favorite? Why?
Before the Fall (Broken Angel #3). It’s my favorite because of the setting it takes place in: the ancient city of Ai, 1400 BC. I love historical fiction and anything that takes place in ancient times. It was fun doing research on a biblical city that no longer exists and figuring out how to weave fact with fiction into the story.

Another reason this is my favorite is because all the questions that Lash and After the Fall brings up is answered in Before the Fall. On the surface, it seems that Before the Fall should be a prequel rather than
Book 3. However, once the reader reads all three they have an “Aha!” moment and realize how the story is cyclical.

JET: Any advice (from a writer’s standpoint) for the novices out there?
Butt in chair and just write. Worry about editing later, just get the story out there.

JET: All right - now that I’ve hammered you with the big questions, let’s tackle my favorite (and geeky) quick ten...starting with Paper or Plastic?
Paper

JET: Steak or Tofu?
Steak

JET: Beach or Mountains?
Beach

JET: Country or Rock-n-Roll?
Rock-n-Roll

JET: Leather or Lace?
Leather

JET: Angels or Demons?
Angels, of course! LOL!

JET: Paper or Digital?
Digital.

JET: Silent Film Classics or Cheesy B Rated Horror?
mmm, cheese.

JET: Twilight or True Blood?
Twilight

JET: Coffee or Tea?
Coffee

JET: Thank you for indulging me. Before we wrap this up, can you tell us what you're working on now? What's next?
After Jeremy (Broken Angel #4), I’ll be working on Golden Angel (Broken Angel #5). This should end the Broken Angel series...that is, if readers let me end the series. LOL!

Thank you so much for taking the time to chat on my blog. Folks, you can find out more about L.G. Castillo and her work at the following places:

Until next time,
Ciao,

JET

No comments: