Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Secret Worlds Author Spotlight: Angel Lawson

SECRET WORLDS available for only 99¢ for a limited time! Get your copy now!

Today, I’d like to welcome Angel Lawson to my blog. Angel lives with her family in Atlanta and has a lifelong obsession with creating fiction from reality, either with paint or words. On a typical day you can find her writing, reading, plotting her escape from the zombie apocalypse and trying to get the glitter out from under her nails.

She is the author of the completed Wraith Series, Serial Summer, FanGirl, and Vigilant. She is the co-author of the New Adult Paranormal book, Odin's Murder with Kira Gold.

JET: Can you tell us about your most recent book?
Hmm most recently published is a book called FanGirl! Currently writing is a book called Zocopalypse. They’re actually companion novels. FanGirl is a book
about a girl obsessed with a zombie fandom who finds herself cast in the lead role of the tv series (Think The Walking Dead without Rick Grimes and a girl instead). Zocopalypse is the zombie story she’s obsessed with. It’s all very meta.

JET: What drew you to paranormal romance?
I love writing all genre’s. Urban fantasy, paranormal, contemporary, romance, YA…

JET: What’s been your most challenging hurdle on the road to publication?
Having enough time and energy to market and promote books as well as write them.

JET: What was your favorite moment in the journey?
I really enjoy working with and collaborating with other authors.

JET: Which authors had the most influence over you growing up?
Hmm…Beverly Cleary (I named my daughter Ramona), V.C Andrews (shudder) and probably Stephen King.

JET: When did you know you wanted to take the plunge into the writing world?
I just had an idea that wouldn’t let go. Then I had another…and another…

JET: What’s the craziest thing you’ve done in the name of book research? Most interesting fact you uncovered?
Hmm…today I looked up “parasites that cause brain infections.” Tapeworms are gross.
 
JET: Of all the novels and stories you’ve written - which one is your favorite? Why?
It’s a toss-up between FanGirl and Odin’s Murder. I love the characters in OM. I love Norse mythology. It’s a good twist!

JET: Any advice (from a writer’s standpoint) for the novices out there?
Just keep working.



JET: All right - now that I’ve hammered you with the big questions, let’s tackle my favorite (and geeky) quick ten...starting with Paper or Plastic?
Paper, with thick handles.

JET: Steak or Tofu?
Steak

JET: Beach or Mountains?
Beach

JET: Country or Rock-n-Roll?
Rock-n-Roll

JET: Leather or Lace?
Leather

JET: Angels or Demons?
Demons (unless it’s a demon named Angel)

JET: Paper or Digital?
Digital

JET: Silent Film Classics or Cheesy B Rated Horror?
B Rated Horror

JET: Twilight or True Blood?
Sigh..Twilight. I never could get past the horrible southern accents in True Blood

JET: Coffee or Tea?
Coffee. Iced.

JET: Thank you for indulging me. Before we wrap this up, can you tell us what's next?
Next up? A romance about 2 soccer players and the Olympics. I can’t wait.
Thank you so much for taking the time to chat on my blog. Folks, you can find out more about Angel Lawson and her work at the following places:


Until next time,
Ciao

JET

No comments: