Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday already?

Hey folks.   Just doing a fly-by today.  I can't believe it's already Friday and I wasn't on the ball enough to line up a guest blogger or an interview. 

Nope - slacking big time.  ;) 

I know it's not an excuse, but I've been in pitch hell - writing a snappy hook for my YA superhero fantasy that I'm running by an agent on Saturday, and my day job has gone from busy to absolutely insane.

I haven't tried to woo an agent in forever, so this is nerve racking.  

This is the lame attempt I've got so far:

Andre Robbins blames himself for his parent’s death; after all, they died because of him and some ludicrous Zyclonian prophecy. He tried stopping the execution, even scarring the Emperor in the process, but all that earned him was a one-way ticket in a death pod.


Alone and floating in space, Andre looses count of the years and just when he believes survival is a pipe dream, he floats into the Sol system and finds refuge on Earth. Now, at sixteen, all he wants is to fit in, to play football and fall in love with the only girl who’s off limits, but when word of his survival gets back to Zyclon, his well crafted life crumbles and his existence doesn’t just threaten those he loves, it may very well trigger Earth’s destruction.

Anyway, it's time to get back to honing this a bit. 

Wish me luck!

Until next week . . .
Ciao.

JET

No comments: